To provide the citizens with a healthy environment and social well-being that leads to a vibrant quality of life through responsible economic development and effective delivery of services.
In fulfilling our Mission, we are guided at all levels by the Core Values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Effectiveness and Accountability as defined by these principles:
- We work as a committed team in a spirit of collaboration and community.
- We are caring and respectful in all our interactions and relationships.
- We are open and honest. We adhere to the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- We deliver effective public service through professionalism and creativity.
- We are accountable to our constituents and to the region as a whole.
People, fish and wildlife thrive in a healthy environment.
- Residents and businesses are supported by a diverse and resilient economy.
- High quality health and social care is available regionally.
- The region is a world-class tourism destination, leveraging our unique ecological, historical and cultural assets.
- Affordable quality services are delivered in a fiscally responsible way.
- The District is a leader in regional governance, with diverse jurisdictions including First Nations, working together cohesively and collaboratively.