To provide the citizens with a healthy environment and social well being that leads to a vibrant quality of life through responsible economic development and effective delivery of service.
We are a connected region, where people, businesses, our environment and unique communities thrive. We are resilient and self-sufficient and diversity is valued and honoured as a key strength. We seek opportunities to leverage our collective strength to work on common goals and lend support to individual community initiatives.
We are innovative and open to new ways of working and delivering services. We build partnerships and are willing collaborators. We support reconciliation with First Nations communities within the region. We are active stewards of our natural environments.
In fulfilling our vision, we are guided at all levels by the core values of teamwork, respect, integrity, effectiveness and accountability. We adhere to the following principles:
- We work as a committed team in a spirit of collaboration and community.
- We are caring and respectful in all our interactions and relationships.
- We are open and honest. We adhere to the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- We deliver effective public service through professionalism and creativity.
- We are accountable to the region as a whole, as well as our individual constituents.