The SRD Building Department
The Building Department of the Strathcona Regional District (SRD) is responsible for regulating the construction, alteration, repair or demolition of buildings and structures within the region’s electoral areas. The information on this site is intended as a guide only and does not replace current bylaws and regulations.
COVID-19 Building Services Update
The SRD proudly continues to provide services for residents, local builders and developers in light of COVID-19. To be compliant with COVID-19 directives, the SRD has adopted unique measures to enable community services staff to continue to provide services through a combination of work from home and electronic means.
With a few limitations, the SRD continues to provide, process or issue:
- Planning applications such as zoning or official community plan amendments, development permits, development variance permits – processed electronically
- New Building Permit Applications – received electronically and/or via SRD reception drop box (990 Cedar Street weekdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Building Inspections, where required public health directives can be met
- Engineering Applications such as water and sewer service requests
- BC One Calls continue as normal
The SRD has replaced in-person meetings with contact via telephone, email and electronic video conferencing. Cash transactions are not accepted at this time; however the SRD can receive cheques by mail and electronic payments through on-line banking.
For more information, or to ask development-related questions, please email email@example.com or call 250-830-6718.
Ready to start building? Access resources ranging from permits to checklists and reports that will help you get started with your project. Questions? Connect with our Building and Planning department.Learn More
Ensuring the safety and integrity of your buildings. Questions about Building Inspections? We answer them here. Learn more about the SRD's Building Inspection process.Learn More