COVID-19 Building Services Update
The SRD proudly continues to provide services for residents, local builders and developers in light of COVID-19. To be compliant with COVID-19 directives, the SRD has adopted unique measures to enable community services staff to continue to provide services through a combination of work from home and electronic means.
- Community Service business should be conducted through telephone, email, or other electronic means.
- Appointments are required where in person business is necessary.
- Planning applications, such as official community plan and zoning amendments, development permits, development variance permits, as well as new building permit applications continue to be processed.
- Building Inspections are provided where required public health directives can be met.
- For assistance or general inquiries, Community Services can be reached by phone at 250-830-6718.
The SRD Building Department
The Building Department of the Strathcona Regional District (SRD) is responsible for regulating the construction, alteration, repair or demolition of buildings and structures within the region’s electoral areas. The information on this site is intended as a guide only and does not replace current bylaws and regulations.
For more information, or to ask development-related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-830-6718.
Ready to start building? Access resources ranging from permits to checklists and reports that will help you get started with your project. Questions? Connect with our Building and Planning department.Learn More
Ensuring the safety and integrity of your buildings. Questions about Building Inspections? We answer them here. Learn more about the SRD's Building Inspection process.Learn More