COVID-19 Building & Planning Services Update
The SRD proudly continues to provide services for residents, local builders and developers in light of COVID-19. To be compliant with COVID-19 directives, the SRD has adopted unique measures to enable community services staff to continue to provide services through a combination of work from home and electronic means.
- Community Service business should be conducted through telephone, email, or other electronic means.
- Appointments are required where in person business is necessary.
- Planning applications, such as official community plan and zoning amendments, development permits, development variance permits, as well as new building permit applications continue to be processed.
- Building Inspections are provided where required public health directives can be met.
- For assistance or general inquiries, Community Services can be reached by phone at 250-830-6718.
Community Planning Services
The SRD’s Community Planning Services provides land use planning services to the residents of the four electoral areas of the Strathcona Regional District.
The range of land use planning services provided includes zoning bylaw review and implementation, preparation and review of Official Community and Local Area Plans, working with volunteer Advisory Planning Commissions, processing development applications and providing daily counter and telephone inquiry service to the public.
Find out more about the SRD's Advisory Planning Commission (APRC) and get insight into the planning & land use management of our four electoral areas: A, B, C and D.Learn More
Why does the board vary? Find out with resources and information about how to apply to the Board of Variance for a minor variance with the Strathcona Regional District.Learn More
Did you know the Strathcona Regional District is committed to protecting and conserving our environment? Learn more about the provincial programs and initiatives we support.Learn More
Community Planning Services provides land use planning services to the residents of the four electoral areas of the Strathcona Regional District.Learn More