Although the risk to British Columbia communities remains low, the Strathcona Regional District (SRD) is actively monitoring the public health concern of COVID-19 and will continue to follow the advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Provincial Health Officer.
The SRD is encouraging the public to follow the recommendations of health authorities to protect themselves and others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water and avoid touching your face
- Maintain social distance (consider stopping handshaking and hugging)
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing,
- Avoid others who are unwell,
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Self-isolate and contact the B.C. Nurse Line at 8-1-1 if you are concerned you might have been exposed to or contracted the coronavirus.
Strathcona Gardens Recreation Complex and the SRD Office have increased its cleaning frequency and are taking extra precautions to help prevent the spread.
For more information on the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the BC Centre for Disease Control.