SRD Corporate Office Operational Changes:
The Strathcona Regional District (SRD) will continue to follow the advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Provincial Health Officer and will keep our communities updated through this page, news releases and our social media channels www.facebook.com/StrathconaRegionalDistrict and https://twitter.com/StrathconaRD
Necessary SRD business is encouraged to take place through telephone, email or other electronic means.
An SRD communicable disease prevention plan, office protocols and safety plans are in place to limit and reduce the spread of COVID-19. These plans provide authorization for the implementation of new processes and operational changes in order to provide important services safely.
SRD Corporate Office – 990 Cedar Street
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 am Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays.
- Persons exhibiting COVID-like symptoms are strictly prohibited from entering the SRD Corporate Office.
- Masks are recommended for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated but will not be required. Hand sanitizer is provided at all points of entry and high touch points.
- Floor markings are provided identifying traffic flow and directing visitors where to stand when approaching front desk(s).
- Barriers have been installed between front facing employees and visitors.
For assistance or general inquiries, the SRD Corporate Office can be reached by:
Phone – 250-830-6700 or 1-877-830-2990
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.srd.ca
Contact information to specific SRD departments is listed at www.srd.ca/contact
- Utility Bills: payable to the Strathcona Regional District and encouraged to be made either through:
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Telephone banking
- Cheque by mail
- When necessary, in person at our office located at 990 Cedar Street
- Taxes: payable to Service BC Centre Campbell River via:
- Log in or enroll in eTaxBC at gov.bc.ca/eTaxBC
- Electronic Funds Transfer, wire transfer or online banking
- Cheque by mail
- In person at 115-1180 Ironwood Street, Campbell River.
Community Services: Building, Bylaw Compliance, Parks and Planning
The SRD continues to provide services for residents, local builders and developers in light of COVID-19. To be compliant with COVID-19 directives, the SRD has adopted unique measures to enable community services staff to continue to provide services through a combination of in-house and electronic means.
Community Service business and inquiries are strongly encouraged to be conducted through telephone, email, or other electronic means. Appointments are also encouraged where in person business is necessary.
With a few limitations, the SRD continues to provide, process or issue:
- Planning applications such as zoning or official community plan amendments, development permits, and development variance permits are primarily processed through electronic means – email@example.com.
- New Building Permit Applications accompanied by 2 sets of engineered drawings must be submitted to the Community Services Department at 990 Cedar Street weekdays between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Appointments are encouraged.
- Building Inspections as per health directives. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Engineering Applications such as water and sewer service requests processed primarily electronically – email@example.com
- BC One Calls continue as normal.
- Bylaw Compliance– inquiries and complaints can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-346-9142
- Parks– inquiries or concerns can be directed to email@example.com or 250-803-6718
Preferred forms of payment are cheques by mail or in person by way of Interac or credit card. For more information, or to ask development-related questions, please contact 250-830-6718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SRD Board & Committee Meetings
The Strathcona Regional District Board of Directors welcomes members of the public and media back for in person attendance at our Board and Committee Meetings.
In accordance with public health guidelines masks are recommended for all people 12 years and older who are not yet fully vaccinated but will not be required.
We ask that once you have selected your seat you remain seated until you leave the meeting.
For those who cannot attend a meeting in person, the Strathcona Regional District will continue to video record all Board and Committee meetings and make them available on our website.
Attendance at public hearings will be available virtually or by using the teleconference number. Anyone who believes their interests are affected by proposed bylaw(s) will be given an opportunity to be heard at public hearings virtually via a link and/or telephone number provided and through a call-in feature during the comments portion of the hearings. In those limited cases where attendance is conducted in-person, these individuals will also be afforded the opportunity to be heard during the comments portion of the hearings.
The SRD will continue to process official community plan and rezoning applications.
All SRD Trails, Parks, Playgrounds, Tennis Courts, Basketball Courts, Skateparks, and Outdoor Fitness Equipment are open to the public.
Playground and equipment users are requested to help reduce potential risks by following these guidelines and signage posted at all parks:
- Stay home if showing any signs of sickness
- Keep at least 6 feet distance from anyone outside your household
- Wash hands before & after park use
- Self sanitize during use as equipment is not sanitized (i.e. hand sanitizer or disinfectant wipes)
- Encourage games that allow play at a safe distance
- Limit the sharing of sports equipment, toys or other personal items
- Avoid large groups; if playground gets too crowded, please come back another time
SRD Parks are being routinely inspected. To remain up to date on accurate information, please visit www.srd.ca/COVID-19 or follow the SRD social media channels @StrathconaRegionalDistrict on Facebook and Twitter.
The Strathcona Regional District will continue to follow the advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Provincial Health Officer.
Strathcona Gardens Recreation Complex
Strathcona Gardens staff continue to monitor the information and guidelines provided by the Provincial Health Officer and other authorities to develop plans in a manner that ensures the health and safety of staff and the public. We recognize that Strathcona Gardens services and programs are important and, in some cases, critical to the health and wellness of our community.
Ongoing updates on programs and facility planning can be found on Strathcona Gardens social media channels, and at www.strathconagardens.com/covid-19.
Please contact Strathcona Gardens Reception for more information 250-830-6777.
Official Information Sources
- BC Government COVID-19 Site
- BC Government Current Provincial Health Orders
- BC Centre for Disease Control (BC CDC)
- Public Health Agency of Canada, 1-833-784-4397, email@example.com(specifically for COVID-19 information)
- Island Health, 1-877-370-8699, Campbell River Public Health Unit 250-850-2454
- Provincial Support & Info
- BC COVID-19 App & Symptoms Self-Assessment Tool
- Official Twitter Accounts can often be the fastest way to get the latest information:
BC Centre for Disease Control: @CDCofBC
BC Government News: @BCGovNews
Vancouver Coastal Health: @VCHhealthcare
Minister of Health Adrian Dix: @adriandix
Health Canada: @GovCanHealth