The Strathcona Regional District (SRD) is actively monitoring the situation and proactive planning as the COVID-19 impact on our community changes. It is in the interest of public health and safety to limit unnecessary exposure by taking a preventive approach.
The Strathcona Regional District is closing the Quadra Island Community Centre for non-essential services until further notice as a precautionary measure to help slow and limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
As an essential service to Quadra Island Residents, the local Food Bank, will continue to operate from the Community Centre with extra precautions and increased cleaning frequency to help prevent the spread.
The Quathiaski Cove Sewer System is a critical infrastructure system operated by the SRD. All operations and legislative testing will continue as usual and a business contingency plan is in place if needed.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this challenging time. We are confident that by acting swiftly and proactively, we can limit the impact of this situation and resume regular operation as soon as it is safe to do so.
How you can help slow and limit the spread of COVID-19
- Increase frequency of hand washing and avoid touching your face.
- Stay home if possible and maintain social distance when outside the home (no handshaking and hugging)
- Self-isolate after travel for 14 days and if you feel sick.
- Contact the B.C. Nurse Line at 8-1-1 if you might have been exposed to or contracted the virus.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
SRD Chief Administrative Officer
250-830-6703 | email@example.com