More Upcoming Meetings & Events
WOOD DEBRIS REMOVAL IN MAPLE PARK
When: Saturdays February 9th & 23rd 2019
Where: Maple Park – 29 Anton Road
When: 10:00am – 3:00pm
• Debris dropped off only during the dates and times listed above.
• No nails, No roots, No Rocks (to ensure it does not contain small rocks that may damage the machinery).
• No invasive species accepted, such as Scotch Broom, English Holly, Giant Hogweed and Knotweed.
Find more information at www.coastalisc.com
From home owners, to industry and government we all have a shared responsibility to prepare for and to lessen the effects of wildfire.
SRD received a FireSmart Grant through the Union of BC Municipalities, making wood-chipping at Maple Park possible. Bring your brush, yard waste and tree debris. Regular maintenance and cleaning the corners and crevices of your home and yard will leave nothing for embers to ignite. Fire embers may seem small, but they should not be under-estimated. Fire embers may seem small, but they should not be underestimated. 50% of home fires caused by wildfires are started by sparks and embers.
To learn more about:
• FireSmart please visit www.firesmartcanada.ca
• Emergency preparedness please visit www.strathconard.ca/emergency-management or, contact the Protective Services Coordinator Shaun Koopman at email@example.com or 250-830-6702.