The fire is holding at 208 HA. The immediate area continues to be intermittently impacted by smoke. The outlook remains positive and risk to infrastructure is still low at this time. Currently, BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is not recommending any evacuation alerts related to this fire.
Established fire containment lines are holding. Crews are taking direct attack on 80% of the fire, with the remaining 20% burning in extreme slopes and significant danger tree hazards. In these areas indirect tactics and contingency lines are being developed as part of the overall strategy. BCWS are staffed in expectation of a wind event Sunday into Monday.
STAY INFORMED – Sign up to receive SRD updates & alerts by both text message & voice calls to landlines & cell phones from Alertable, SRD’s notification system at www.srd.ca/alerts
BC WILDFIRE SERVICE CONTACTS – Updates can be found on www.bcwildfire.ca or for more info, contact BCWS at 250-951-4209 or BCWS.COFCInformationOfficer@gov.bc.ca