Community Wildfire Protection Plans (CWPPs) assists the SRD with reducing and assessing the risk of wildfire to communities in the region.
The purpose of a CWPP is:
- to identify the wildfire risks within and surrounding a community
- to describe the potential consequences if a wildfire was to impact the community
- to examine possible ways to reduce the wildfire
A CWPP has two major components: reporting and maps. The reporting component details with the community, the goals of the plan, and assessed wildfire risks. The maps will outline the community, land ownership, hazards and treatment areas.
To watch a video about your communities wildfire plan, please click HERE >.
SRD Community Wildfire Plans & Maps:
- Electoral Area A (Sayward Valley)
- Electoral Area C
- Electoral Area D (Oyster Bay/Buttle Lake)
- City of Campbell River
- Cortes Island
- Ka:’yu:’k’t’h’/Che:k:tles7et’h’ First Nations
- Klahoose First Nation
- Nuchatlaht First Nation
- Village of Gold River
- Village of Sayward
- Village of Tahsis
- Village of Zeballos
- Wei Wai Kai First Nation