As an essential service provider, the SRD operates and maintains service delivery that is crucial to the well-being of residents
The following services are provided by the SRD Engineering Department:
- Sewer (Electoral Area C)- The SRD owns and operates the Quathiaski Cove Sanitary Sewerage System on the west side of Quadra Island, at Quathiaski Cove.
- Water (Electoral Area D) – The SRD owns and maintains the Electoral Area D Water Service which provides high quality drinking water to approximately 1,135 homes and businesses from the Jubilee Parkway to York Road.
- Solid Waste (Electoral Area A & B) – The SRD provides solid waste services to residents living in the Sayward Valley (Electoral Area A) through the Comox Strathcona Waste Management) and on Cortes island (Electoral Area B).
- Bylaw 173 – Quathiaski Cove Sewage Rates & Regulations
- Bylaw 324 – Area D Water Rates & Regulations
- Bylaw 437 – Sayward Valley Solid Waste Collection Rates & Regulations
- Bylaw 469 – Cortes Island Solid Waste Collection Rates & Regulations