COVID-19 Building & Planning Services Update
The SRD continues to provide services for residents, local builders and developers in light of COVID-19. To be compliant with COVID-19 directives, the SRD has adopted unique measures to enable community services staff to continue to provide services through a combination of work from home and electronic means.
Community Service business and inquiries are to be conducted through telephone, email, or other electronic means. Appointments are required where in person business is necessary.
With a few limitations, the SRD continues to provide, process or issue:
- Planning applications such as zoning or official community plan amendments, development permits, and development variance permits are processed electronically – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Building Permit Applications accompanied by 2 sets of engineered drawings must be submitted to the Community Services Department at 990 Cedar Street weekdays between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Appointments are encouraged.
- Building Inspections where required and public health directives can be met. Contact email@example.com.
- Engineering Applications such as water and sewer service requests processed electronically – firstname.lastname@example.org
- BC One Calls continue as normal.
- Bylaw Compliance – email@example.com
- Parks – firstname.lastname@example.org
Preferred forms of payment are cheques by mail and electronic payments through on-line banking.
For more information, or to ask development-related questions, please contact 250-830-6718 or email email@example.com.
Community Planning Services
The SRD’s Community Planning Services provides land use planning services to the residents of the four electoral areas of the Strathcona Regional District.
The range of land use planning services provided includes zoning bylaw review and implementation, preparation and review of Official Community and Local Area Plans, working with volunteer Advisory Planning Commissions, processing development applications and providing daily counter and telephone inquiry service to the public.
Find out more about the SRD's Advisory Planning Commission (APRC) and get insight into the planning & land use management of our four electoral areas: A, B, C and D.
Why does the board vary? Find out with resources and information about how to apply to the Board of Variance for a minor variance with the Strathcona Regional District.
Did you know the Strathcona Regional District is committed to protecting and conserving our environment? Learn more about the provincial programs and initiatives we support.
Community Planning Services provides land use planning services to the residents of the four electoral areas of the Strathcona Regional District.
Interested in a new development or redevelopment? The Strathcona Regional District provides a list of guides and forms to help you through the process.