SRD Waste Services
Area A – Sayward Valley
- Within the Sayward Valley, once a week roadside waste pick-up is available.
- Sayward Solid Waste Clean-Up Days – Clean-Up Days in Sayward is an event that happens three times a year. Household waste items that are too large for regular waste collection can be discarded on the scheduled days. Upcoming Clean-Up Days can be found on SRD’s events page > HERE.
Area B – Cortes Island
- Within Cortes Island, weekly roadside pick up for both waste and recycling is available.
Area C – Quadra Island
- Solid Waste collection is not a service provided by the SRD. Residents must arrange pickup with private contractors (talk to your neighbours). The SRD cannot recommend any particular contractor.
Area D – Oyster Bay/Buttle Lake
- Curbside garbage, recycling and yard waste pick-up are not a service provided by the Strathcona Regional District.
Rural area residents are responsible for setting up their own curbside pick-up through private providers, or taking their garbage and recyclables to a Comox Strathcona Waste Management facility.
NEWS | Regional Organics Compost Project Breaks Ground in Campbell River
November 23, 2021 – The CSWM regional organics compost project has broken ground paving the way for curbside organics collection of over 30,000 single-family homes in Campbell River, Comox, Cumberland and Courtenay.
The compost facility, located in Campbell River, is scheduled for completion in September 2022 and will accept co-mingled food and yard waste as part of municipal curbside collection programs. Community updates around the timing of this rollout will be made available later in 2022.
TIPS & RESOURCES
- VIDEO > How to set up a successful home recycling system
- Comox Strathcona Waste Management:
- CSWM website > https://www.cswm.ca/
- CSWM Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/ComoxStrathconaWasteManagement