Close Alerts

CloseClose Alerts

COVID-19 Updates & Resources

Stay well, stay safe and stay informed with the SRD.

Water (Electoral Area D)

Learn about SRD's water distribution network & contacts.


COVID-19 Electoral Area D Water Update

The Strathcona Regional District (SRD) is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and reviewing its essential services and decision-making processes to ensure business continuity during the COVID-19 pandemic. As an essential service provider, the SRD must continue to operate and maintain service delivery that is crucial to the well-being of residents.

Significant effort has been put into planning and preparedness and the SRD is taking this situation very seriously, doing everything possible to respond to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic in a safe, measured and concerted manner.

The following is an update to Electoral Area D Water Service: All testing and operations are continuing as per usual with no concerns as to water quality or delivery.

For inquiries related to engineering services, please call 250.830.6700 or toll free at 1.877.830.2990.

SRD Electoral Area D Water Service 

The Strathcona Regional District owns and maintains the Electoral Area D Water Service which provides high quality drinking water to approximately 1,135 homes and businesses from the Jubilee Parkway to York Road. The majority of these services are for residential properties. The distribution network consists of 29.3 kilometers of water main, 110 hydrants, 340 valves, and pressure reducing valves at McGimpsey Road and Storrie Creek.

Throughout the year, the Strathcona Regional District restricts water usage in order to ensure residents have enough water to meet their basic needs. Generally, the Strathcona Regional District maintains Stage 1 restrictions year round, and if required, increasing the restriction in the hotter summer months.

Any change to water restrictions will be advertised in the local media, shared through the SRD Facebook page, and posted on this site.

Have questions or concerns… we’re here to help.




Report a leak Property Services Representative 250-830-6718
Report a water or system problem Property Services Representative 250-830-6718
Request a medical exemption Property Services Representative 250-830-6718
Ask about rates Chief Financial Officer 250-830-6720
Request a meter installation Engineering Services Coordinator 250-830-6719 or
Request a new lawn permit Property Services Representative 250-830-6718 or
Ask about water conservation or irrigation bylaw Engineering Services Coordinator 250-830-6719 or
Report an irrigation bylaw contravention Bylaw Compliance Officer 250-830-6721 or