Campbell River, BC – The situation regarding COVID-19 continues to evolve. In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, the Strathcona Regional District (SRD) will continue to follow the advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Provincial Health Officer.
The Strathcona Gardens Recreation Complex remains open to the public and will re-evaluate on an ongoing basis with direction from Public Health.
At this time, sauna and steam rooms will be closed due to higher temperatures and potential spread in these locations. Regular programming and Spring Break camps will continue as the number of participants are less than 250 and the facility which includes the swimming pool and arenas will be limited to a total capacity of 250 at any given time. As per the Provincial Health Officer’s direction, all gatherings with 250 or more people will be cancelled or postponed until further notice.
The SRD continues to take a proactive approach to monitoring the situation, increasing our cleaning and sanitation processes and proactive planning as the COVID-19 impact on the community changes.
Proper hygiene can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water and avoid touching your face
- Maintain social distance (consider stopping handshaking and hugging)
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing,
- Avoid others who are unwell,
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Self-isolate and contact the B.C. Nurse Line at 8-1-1 if you are concerned you might have been exposed to or contracted the coronavirus.
The Strathcona Regional District is a partnership of four electoral areas and five municipalities providing services to approximately 44,000 residents.
SRD Communications Coordinator
250-830-6724 | email@example.com