The SRD is accessible by phone and email, encouraging the community to follow health and self-isolation guidelines
As a precautionary measure to help slow and limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus, The Strathcona Regional District (SRD) is accessible by phone and email, encouraging the public to follow health and self-isolation guidelines as recommended by the BC Centre of Disease Control.
“Federal and provincial health authorities have urged increased social distancing measures,” says SRD Chief Administrative Officer David Leitch. “The SRD is taking extra measures at our corporate office located at 990 Cedar Street by limiting the contact between people to keep our community safe and healthy.”
Residents who are needing assistance from the Strathcona Regional District or for general inquiries are encouraged to call 250-830-6700 or visit www.srd.ca/contacts for the contact information to specific SRD departments.
Strathcona Regional District facilities closed until further notice are:
- Strathcona Gardens Recreation Complex
- Quadra Community Centre
- Cortes Island: Mansons Hall and Gorge Hall
- Sayward Heritage Hall
- Strathcona Regional District Office (limited staffing – inquiries encouraged via phone/email)
How you can help slow and limit the spread of COVID-19
- Increase frequency of hand washing and avoid touching your face.
- Stay home if possible and maintain social distance when outside the home (no handshaking and hugging)
- Self-isolate after travel and if you feel sick.
- Contact the B.C. Nurse Line at 8-1-1 if you might have been exposed to or contracted the virus.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
“We know these are challenging times for everyone. It is at this time, we need to work together for the betterment of our community and support each other,” says SRD Chief Administrative Officer David Leitch. “We are still available and will respond to phone calls and emails as quickly as possible.”
In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, the Strathcona Regional District will continue to follow the advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Provincial Health Officer. Information will be shared as it comes available at: www.srd.ca
The Strathcona Regional District is a partnership of four electoral areas and five municipalities providing services to approximately 44,000 residents.
David Leitch, SRD Chief Administrative Officer
250-830-6703 | email@example.com