Campbell River, BC – The Strathcona Regional District (SRD) will officially reopen its Corporate Office to the public on Wednesday, June 17, 2020.
The SRD Board has approved its Restoration Plan and new office protocols and safety plans are in place to limit and reduce the spread of COVID-19. These plans provide authorization for the implementation of new processes and operational changes in order to provide important services safely.
SRD Corporate Office – 990 Cedar Street
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 am Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
- Non-essential in-person interaction between employees and visitors is prohibited.
- Necessary business is encouraged to take place through telephone, email or other electronic means.
- Where in-person business cannot be avoided, appointments are required with physical distancing in place.
- Persons exhibiting COVID-like symptoms are strictly prohibited from entering the SRD Corporate Office.
- Signage is posted onsite to inform persons of the protocols in place.
- Persons are required to wash or sanitize their hands before and after entry to the building.
- The use of hand sanitizer is required by persons and provided at all points of entry and high touch points.
- Persons must enter and exit the building maintaining a two-metre distance from all others.
- Capacity of persons permitted in the lobby is limited to adhere to physical distancing requirements.
- Floor markings are provided identifying traffic flow and directing visitors where to stand when approaching front desk(s).
- Waiting areas have been arranged to maintain physical distancing requirements.
- Barriers have been installed between employees and visitors.
- No public washrooms are accessible to visitors.
For assistance or general inquiries, the SRD Corporate Office can be reached by:
Phone – 250-830-6700 or 1-877-830-2990
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.srd.ca
Contact information to specific SRD departments is listed at www.srd.ca/contact
- Utility Bills: payable to the Strathcona Regional District and encouraged to be made either through:
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Telephone banking
- Cheque by mail
- Where necessary, in person through preferred touchless transactions (i.e. credit or debit).
- Taxes: payable to Service BC Centre Campbell River via:
- Log in or enrol in eTaxBC at gov.bc.ca/eTaxBC
- Electronic Funds Transfer, wire transfer or online banking
- Cheque by mail
- In person at 115-1180 Ironwood Street, Campbell River.
Community Services: Building, Bylaw Enforcement, Parks and Planning
- Community Service business should be conducted through telephone, email, or other electronic means.
- Appointments are required where in person business is necessary.
- Planning applications, such as official community plan and zoning amendments, development permits, development variance permits, as well as new building permit applications continue to be processed.
- Building Inspections are provided where required public health directives can be met.
- For assistance or general inquiries, Community Services can be reached by phone at 250-830-6718.
SRD Board & Committee Meetings
- Due to Public Health orders regarding limits on gatherings and social distancing, meetings are being held online.
- The Province of BC has recently passed an order which allows local councils and regional boards to hold meetings while excluding the public.
- Meetings are currently being recorded and available for the public to view online at www.srd.ca/recorded-board-meetings
- The SRD Board has deferred all public hearings until after September 7, 2020.
- The SRD will continue to process official community plan and rezoning applications.
- Applications waiting for a public hearing will be prepared to enable timely consideration following SRD Board authorization for the conducting of public hearings.
- All SRD Trails, Parks, Playgrounds, Tennis Courts, Basketball Courts, Skateparks, and Outdoor Fitness Equipment are open to the public.
The Strathcona Regional District will continue to follow the advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Provincial Health Officer.
To remain up to date on accurate information from the Strathcona Regional District, please visit www.srd.ca/COVID-19 or follow the SRD social media channels @StrathconaRegionalDistrict on Facebook and Twitter.
SRD Chief Administrative Officer
250-830-6703 | email@example.com