Emergency Support Services
The SRD sponsors Emergency Support Services Teams in Campbell River, Quadra Island, Cortes Island, Gold River, Sayward, Tahsis and Zeballos as part of a regional approach to providing humanitarian aid throughout our regional district.
If you are interested in joining one of these teams please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ESS is the “Heart of Emergency Response”. British Columbians forced from their homes by fire, floods, earthquakes or other emergencies may receive emergency support services (ESS) for up to 72 hours. ESS Volunteer responsibilities may include:
- Coordinating the provision of
- Food, clothing and lodging
- Emotional support
- Pet care
- Identifying locations for reception centres and group lodging to house and feed people forced from their homes
- Working with local businesses, service organizations and government agencies
- Providing information about the crisis
- Finding and coordinating other volunteers
- Family reunification
What is Emergency Support Services?