The Strathcona Regional District (SRD) continues to follow the Orders of the Provincial Health Officer to protect our community from COVID-19 at the Strathcona Gardens Recreation Complex.
Proof of vaccination will be required for all adults (22 years and over) when attending the following activities:
- Arena adult sports including all adult ice rentals, adult programs and adult drop-in hockey
- Weight room or fitness studio
- Attendees at organized events of more than 50 people
Proof of Vaccination will be required for anyone 12 years and over when attending:
- Any ticketed sporting event (i.e. Junior B hockey games)
- Organized events of more than 50 people
The following does not require proof of vaccination and some of the exempt activities are highlighted below:
- Swimming pools (except when it is a location of an organized event of 50+ people)
- Public skating and youth/child programming in the arenas (except when it is a location of an organized event of 50+ people)
- Children/youth recreation programs and day camps
- Adults supervising children & youth in the arenas, pools or other recreation programs
“The staff at Strathcona Gardens continues to monitor the information and guidelines provided by the Provincial Health Officer and other authorities to ensure the health and safety of staff and the public” said Strathcona Gardens Senior Manager Koreen Gurak. “We sincerely appreciate the patience, support and encouragement we have received from the community as we navigate the new public health order”.
Residents should expect to see security on site requiring proof of vaccination. This Order remains in effect until January 31, 2022 and could be extended.
Proof of Vaccination:
- Starting September 13, you must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated.
- Adults 22 years and older will be required to present both government-issued photo identification and proof of vaccination.
- From September 13 to 26 a paper copy of your immunization record is an acceptable proof of vaccination.
- By September 27 a BC Vaccine Card, paper or digital, and government-issued photo ID will be required to enter the facility. Residents are encouraged to arrive a few minutes early to limit wait times.
More information on the Provincial Health Order requirements or to obtain your vaccine card can be found at: www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html.
As restrictions and guidelines evolve, to ensure you receive the most current information regarding COVID-19 restrictions or service changes at the facility, please visit www.strathconagardens.com. For further questions regarding our programs and services please call 250-830-6777.