COVID-19 Building Services Update
The SRD continues to provide services for residents, local builders and developers in light of COVID-19. To be compliant with COVID-19 directives, the SRD has adopted unique measures to enable community services staff to continue to provide services through a combination of work from home and electronic means.
Community Service business and inquiries are to be conducted through telephone, email, or other electronic means. Appointments are required where in person business is necessary.
With a few limitations, the SRD continues to provide, process or issue:
- Planning applications such as zoning or official community plan amendments, development permits, and development variance permits are processed electronically – email@example.com.
- New Building Permit Applications accompanied by 2 sets of engineered drawings must be submitted to the Community Services Department at 990 Cedar Street weekdays between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Appointments are encouraged.
- Building Inspections where required and public health directives can be met. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Engineering Applications such as water and sewer service requests processed electronically – email@example.com
- BC One Calls continue as normal.
- Bylaw Compliance – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parks – email@example.com
Preferred forms of payment are cheques by mail and electronic payments through on-line banking.
For more information, or to ask development-related questions, please contact 250-830-6718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SRD Building Department
The Building Department of the Strathcona Regional District (SRD) is responsible for regulating the construction, alteration, repair or demolition of buildings and structures within the region’s electoral areas. The information on this site is intended as a guide only and does not replace current bylaws and regulations.
For more information, or to ask development-related questions, please email email@example.com or call 250-830-6718.
Ready to start building? Access resources ranging from permits to checklists and reports that will help you get started with your project. Questions? Connect with our Building and Planning department.
Ensuring the safety and integrity of your buildings. Learn more about the SRD's Building Inspection process.
Why do you need a permit? Find out about building requirements for new construction or renovations, demos and more. Access our building applications and bylaws here.