In 2020 – 2024, The Strathcona Regional District will focus on building better connections; in our communities, with our environment, through service delivery and in our internal and external relationships with the following strategic priorities:
- Improve broadband and cellular infrastructure as well as digital initiatives that enable our communities to access the benefits of being more connected to each other and the world.
- Identify and support transportation initiatives that safely move people, goods and services between our communities and beyond.
- Support initiatives that develop robust and diverse economic conditions for our communities with income-generating opportunities for our residents.
- Identify and support initiatives that improve health and well-being in our communities.
- Support housing diversity so that our residents, young and old, can grow and stay in our communities.
- Value and respect the region’s diverse service needs and have regard for our impact on each other’s fiscal capacity.
- Build sound and efficient systems to protect the region’s assets and records and sustain service levels in a fiscally responsible way.
- Support and advocate for waste management initiatives that are both fiscally and environmentally responsible.
- Support adaptation and mitigation of climate change through local and sub-regional initiatives.
- Improve our understanding and ability to respond to flooding (sea level rise and storm surge) and wildfire.
- Prioritize good governance that recognizes the diversity of our region and focuses on areas of common interests.
- Continue to build relationships with First Nations communities within the region and explore areas of shared focus and opportunity.
- Utilize our collective voice to advocate for issues of importance to our region.
- Find ways to better lend our support to individual community needs.
- Develop a proactive approach to engaging with our communities and communicating our decisions to the public.